Welcome to the Essex Yeomanry Association
2014 Journal notice.
The 2014 journal was sent out in late June and early July 2014. We have heard from a number of people that they were asked to pay extra (28p plus £1.00) for delivery by some sorting offices. The journals were weighed by the post office and the correct amount paid. If you were charged extra, we would like to hear from you using the contact form or calling 01621 817829 (Mon - Fri 09:00 - 15:00). We will be making a complaint to our local Post Office in due course. Please also advise if you were expecting a journal and didn't receive your copy.
Here you will find news and information, photographs, history and much more. Please feel free to make suggestions, offer information, pictures and stories that you want to share. We hope to build this into a valuable resource for all to enjoy. Suggestions should be sent to us using the contact form.
Donations - please use our charity eBay/MissionFish page for donations. We also sell copies of the Essex Yeomanry Journal and other items here (see shop link above). All proceeds to the EYA.
About this web site
The aim of this site is to provide a repository for information relating to the Essex Yeomanry. Much of what is displayed on this site will also appear in the EY Journal. The main projects over the past few years are listed below.
- The WW1 war diary. This was completed in 2008 and can be accessed from the Histrory menu. Included is a nominal role of Officers and other ranks on detachment after the Regiment was broken up in April 1918. Each page can be searched.
- World War 2 casualty list was completed in April 2007.
- World War 1 casualty list was completed in Febuary 2007. This is the complete casualty list from 1914 -1918 and includes some entries not previously recorded.
- Short History of the EY Reproduced here by kind permission of Lt Cdr K Hook RN (Rtd).
- Electronic versions of the Journal
- Picture Gallery
- Community Pages.This section is accessible from the link above. This is the next section to be upgraded and will soon be incorporated into the main body of the site.